Every month, SeaCure Advisors provides free college planning workshops to our local community here in Lexington, KY. This month’s workshop is going to be held at 6:30 pm on Thursday, January 25th, at the Tates Creek Branch of the Lexington Public Library. We will be in the library’s Large Conference Room.
We understand that, if you are staring down the financial freight train of college education for one or more children, you are going to have concerns.
Am I going to miss deadlines?
Am I or my child going to make mistakes on our applications for school or for financial aid?
Where am I going to find the time to do everything involved?
How do I develop a plan to pay for college?
Am I going to do something that will hurt my child’s chances for college admission?
Am I going to do something that will cause them to not get the most financial aid possible?
Above all, if you don’t know how much aid a school has to give, and you don’t know how much the school expects you to contribute to the cost of attendance, how do you know how much aid you should get?
This workshop will contain key information intended to help families with high school freshmen, sophomores, and juniors ADDRESS THESE CRITICAL ISSUES.
We’re going to cover:
• How the government and schools calculate financial aid.
• How to pick colleges that will give you the best financial aid packages.
• Which assets are taken into consideration by financial aid formulas?
• How to pay for college without crippling your retirement plan or placing an enormous amount of debt on your child.
• How to get ahead by developing a customized plan to meet all the college costs you will incur as a family.
And much more!
We look forward to seeing you there!
If you want to read more of our articles about college planning, you can find them here.